- •Novel perovskite ferroelectric 0.63BMT–0.37PT single crystals near the morphotropic phase boundary were successfully grown by a self-flux method.
- •The 0.63BMT–0.37PT single crystals presented high Curie temperature (Tc) about 460 °C and a rhombohedral to tetragonal phase transition temperature (Tr-t) 249 °C.
- •The d33 of 0.63BMT–0.37PT single crystals is 320pC/N, much higher than that of ceramics with the same composition (220pC/N).
- Novel perovskite ferroelectric 0.63Bi(Mg1/2Ti1/2)O3–0.37PbTiO3 (0.63BMT–0.37PT) single crystals with a composition around the morphotropic phase boundary (MPB) were successfully grown by a self-flux method. They presented Curie temperature (Tc) about 460 °C and a rhombohedral to tetragonal phase transition temperature (Tr-t) 249 °C. The piezoelectric constant d33 for (001) oriented 0.63BMT–0.37PT single crystals reached 320pC/N, which was higher than that (208pC/N) in the tetragonal phase 0.38BMT–0.62PT crystals. The large piezoelectric constant d33 and high Tc make BMT–PT single crystals promising candidates used for the next generation of high performance and high temperature actuators and transducers.
- Keywords: A. BMT-PT single crystals; B. Crystal growth; D. Dielectric properties; D. Piezoelectric properties
- Source: Sciencedirect